How We Collect Information
We collect information that you voluntarily provide when you use certain features of the Casper Company, LLC Sites, such as when you register to obtain Casper Company’s newsletters or information on Casper Company products or events, apply for employment, request free samples, call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions.
When you visit or use the Casper Company Sites, technological tools including “Cookies” may also collect certain information, as explained below.
What Information We Collect & How We Use It
The types of personal information Casper Company may collect include: first name, last name, email address, postal address, date of birth, phone number, gender, country of residence, visitors’ lifestyle/interests, product preferences, and information by which you or the device you are using to connect to the Casper Company Sites can be identified.
If you would prefer that we not collect any personal information from you, please do not provide us with any such information or opt out of providing such information where applicable.
Casper Company, or third parties on our behalf, may use the personal information that you provide for the following purposes:
- Marketing Communications: If you so elect, we may use the personal information you provide to us to deliver you newsletters, emails, surveys or other communications about our products, sweepstakes and contests, promotions or other information that may be of interest to you.
- Customer Service: We may use your personal information you provide to us to process and respond to your questions and/or inquiries.
- Site Optimization and Management: We may use your personal information provided to us to administer the Casper Company Sites, customizing future visits based on your interests, and improving the Casper Company Sites. In addition, Casper Company may collect and store IP addresses in an aggregated way to analyze trends, administer the Casper Company Sites, track traffic patterns and gather information for aggregate use.
- Employment: We may use personal information you provide us with respect to employment, such as your resume, only to consider you for current and future employment opportunities and to contact you with respect to employment with the Casper Company. We will retain your recruiting information for further recruitment opportunities that may arise, unless you tell us that you no longer wish for us to retain your information.
Subject to your prior explicit consent where such consent is required by the applicable law in your jurisdiction, Casper Company may place small data files on your computer, known as “cookies,” to facilitate your browsing on the Casper Company Sites and improve the quality of the Casper Company Sites. A “cookie” primarily stores information concerning your visits and preferences as to your browsing on the Casper Company Sites, so you do not have to re-enter your settings when you come back to a Casper Company Site.
You can prevent this storing by refusing the cookies when applicable, or by changing your browser settings. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. However, please be aware that when you disable cookies, some features and services on the Casper Sites may not function properly. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics.
How We Share Information
Your information (personal and non personal) may be shared within the Casper Company group of companies (Casper Company, LLC, and its subsidiaries). However, Casper Company does not disclose or sell your personal data to third parties, except to specific third parties as described below:
- Third Parties for Marketing Purposes
- Certain promotions and events sponsored by Casper Company or certain portions of the Casper Company Sites may offer you the opportunity to consent to the sharing of your information with Casper Company’s business partners such as Casper Company’s licensors or promotion co-sponsors. If you have given your explicit consent, your information will be shared with that specific third party and the information you provide may be used by such third party for their own purposes and in accordance with their own policies (including how to opt-out with such third party).